social assessments for forestry
Intensive Stakeholder Engagement is incorporated into most assignments we undertake. Meaningful engagement is crucial in order to ensure that:
- Key stakeholders’ interests and concerns, particularly those who are most vulnerable, are understood and integrated into decision-making;
- Decisions are based on an accurate understanding of baseline conditions;
- Costly delays and disruptions of projects arising from stakeholder dissatisfaction are avoided.
SE need not be expensive or time-consuming. Our Stakeholder Engagement & Social Assessment methodology utilizes a highly specialized rapid appraisal approach developed over many years to capture vital socio-economic conditions, issues, complexities and opportunities in a cost and time effective way.
We combine several investigative tools and methods, as appropriate, combining both qualitative and quantitative approaches to provide triangulation. These include, among others:
- Secondary source materials analysis;
- Identification of “lessons learned” from other organizations/jurisdictions;
- Stakeholder mapping;
- Institutional (organizational) analysis;
- Key informant interviews across many sectors;
- Focus groups;
- Case studies;
- Workshops and seminars;
- Targeted quantitative surveys;
- Human resource capacity evaluations;
- Monitoring and evaluation.
Our Stakeholder Engagement and Social Assessment assignments have had direct, demonstrable positive impacts on the success of our clients’ programs and projects.